Ejector pump replacement interval?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooeymoose

Reaction score
I was wondering if people prophylactically replaced ejector pumps every so many years? High water alarms are fine but what is that really going to do if the pit is conected to a shower? Are there current meter alarms that could be connected that may alert a higher draw that could signal a upcoming failure?
I just installed a bathroom and certainly don’t want to deal with a failure.

Thanks

My thought is that if it is for a single bathroom the alarm should be fine by itself. Even without an alarm the toilet would have a sluggish flush along with some water coming up in the shower. Only time I would see an issue is if another fixture that is higher up in another room is connected and is used and the pump has failed.

You're not going to overflow and flood your basement unless your check fails in an open position and you have a main sewer line clog at the same time.

I would suggest to any customer with a sump or sewage pump to call their homeowners and make sure they get sump pump endorsement. This is the only way they will cover any loss due to a failed pump.

I've seen more sewage filled basements due to msl clogs then a sewage pump failure. Once in awhile the pit lid was not sealed properly and leaked but that is it. And that is minimum due to customer not putting gaskets back around the pipes properly.

Back