duel shower spouts from ceiling?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthMenace

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am currently in the process of gutting my ensuite and re-doing it to our liking. We are not 100% sure of what we are doing yet, but will be doing a cost/benefit look into it soon. We will be doing all of our work minus the shower drain.

Anyway, we were thinking of doing the shower sprayers coming from the ceiling )the attic is above us and very accessible. This I don't think will be too much of a concern, but we were thinking about installing two of them. We would like to be able to turn one on and have the other off, and then a switch to be able to turn them both on. Can anyone lead us in the right direction as to what we are looking for?

I think we decided what to do. Now to make it reality. There will be two ceiling mounted heads, and each one with it's own controls (different water temp, etc). And saves hooking up an additional thing that would turn it from one shower head to two. Now with each shoeer head having it's own controls, would this just mean I go to the water supply and splice it into two (one for each shower control)

some ideas

yes. but.. can you tell me what size pipe is supplying your shower now?

does your water piping come thru the slab, and has a manifold close to the floor?

Ya, we have a number of those shower faucets saved in our amazon cart. I guess we just need to buckle down and decide.

Now, onto your questions. We are supplying it with 1/2 lines. The supply to the upstairs water is all 1/2. We are taking the lines from the sink supply, running them up into the attic and down into the shower area.

And about your next question. I have no idea what you are asking . No idea what you mean by the slab and manifold. Sorry...

ok..you are using pex pipe?

you may want to rethink the 1/2'' to the bathroom idea.

you need a minimum 3/4'' nominal pipe size for a bathroom,

but if using pex, you need 1''. especially if you want to have a kickbutt shower heads

it is all about volume of water, the bigger the pipe, the more volume of water

a small pipe will have those 2 shower heads looking like a 75 year old man taking a leak, dribble dribble

pex pipe is measured by the od, so 1/2'' is actually 3/8 id
3/4 pex is 1/2'' id
1'' pex is 3/4'' id

od=outside diameter
id= inside diameter

120vac40a_rev (1).jpg

34559_135984966423377_2505888_n.jpg

ok..you are using pex pipe?

you may want to rethink the 1/2'' to the bathroom idea.

you need a minimum 3/4'' nominal pipe size for a bathroom,

but if using pex, you need 1''. especially if you want to have a kickbutt shower heads

it is all about volume of water, the bigger the pipe, the more volume of water

Sound advice here...
grinning-smiley-003.gif

frodo continues

...a small pipe will have those 2 shower heads looking like a 75 year old man taking a leak, dribble ... dribble...

:eek: ... I resemble that remark... :mad:

Great suggestion of having low mount spigot(s) in shower stall! Appreciate that idea! :cool:

Latest posts

Back