Dual kitchen sink is draining very slow

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 32656

Reaction score
Hello, my cousin-in law's sink is draining very slow.
I believe it is because she has been washing guinea pig grass/hay or something else down the sink, and now there is a blockage(s) somewhere.
After some googling I decided that its probably best to take the trap off and clean it.
The problem is the sink pipes do not exactly resemble anything from the tutorials I have seen on the internet.
Please note this is a sink in Sweden, so things might be different and not up to code.

vasken1.png

The red arrow points at a pipe that goes off into a wall (and I assume to her dishwasher as it is the only thing in that direction)
The two green arrows go to each sink basin respectfully.
The purple goes nowhere. It is simply sealed off and hangs a little off frame.
The yellow is something I do not know what is. I have researched and it seems to be a "Bottle Trap"
The black arrow pipe just goes off into the wall. (Must be the drain)

Both sink basins drain very slowly, which is why I assume there is a blockage in the trap.
However it may be possible there is just a blockage in both sink basin drain pipes.
What do you all think the problem is? How would you clean it?
I also do not see any slip-nuts to loosen?

Thank you for your time in advance, and please excuse any grammatical mistakes, as I am Danish.

Back