draining and humming noises ent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
In my 10 year old, new to me, home kitchen the double sink is making old noises. First there is a draining noice when the sink is not is use. Is in the smaller sink by the dish washer without the disposal. There is also a very loud humming noice from under the sink. Almost sound like an airplane. The noises started after we were in the house about 30 days. It was not found during the home inspection. We have a water softener, an whole purification system and an under the skin osmosis system. Well water and septic system. They all seem fine.

First, I plunged the sink and then followed some online advise about flushing the system for air. I ran all the water sources from the bottom to the top of the house for 2 min and then flushing the toilets in the same order. Someone be at me trying that advise. Sounded a bit silly but what do I know about plumbing. I can not get to the roof to check the vent.

So, any idea on what is going on?

I don't own one, but I believe the reverse osmosis system is constantly calling for water as part of the osmosis, and (don't quote me on the numbers) for every gallon of pure water it creates, 4 gallons of water are flushed down the drain.

Can you try turning off the RO system, or closing the water valve that feeds it?

Back