Drain in exterior Wall into footing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawriquez

Reaction score
I am sawcutting and breaking up slab to run all new pipes(Sewer & Water) to my new pipes I installed leading up to the house. My house sits on a slab in Texas and I want to install new sinks in exterior walls.

Do I break into slab and break into footing:confused: to place my new drain lines in exterior walls?

I plan to route it to where I can connect all the new drain lines and run it to sewer line. I want to avoid doing a pipe through and showing my pipe on the exterior of my house.I am trying to keep it within my original slab. I hope I asked the question correctly.

Maybe its a simple question but I'm not sure.

Is it a sink on the inside of an exterior wall or on the outside of the wall?
Either way if you don't want to see the drain you only have to chisel enough concrete to set a 45 fitting on the bottom of the vertical drain so you can set it in deep enough to cover it with siding or stucco. you can take that 45 and run it as deep as you want. The deeper you go the further away from the footing you can go before you add another 45 to go horizontal

slab.png

do not cut the footer

you can core drill a hole thru the footer, if you cut the footer your slab foundation will fail.

what you will have to do, break the concrete on the inside of the building
you will see where the elevation of the concrete changes
that would be the edge of the footer
core drill a hole fronm outside thru the footer,
make the hole big enough for the fitting hub to fit into it.
stub the pipe up as cloe to the footer as you can.

after you pour back the concrete, build a new wall that will cover the pipe

Location of Drains.jpg

that's a typical slab I used but not all slabs are typical.
Find out if you have post tension slab construction. If so DO NOT chip into or cut open the slab. There are high tension cable embedded in the slab that can cause serious injury. It's generally stamped in the concrete in the garage or some conspicuous area.

Last edited:
You decide for yourself.
FRODO is usually right on, but this one I'm going to have to disagree.

You want to make a hole in the floor and build a wall or chip out a 3" grove just big enough to slip your pipe into?
You can even do that without destroying the exterior wall.

Location%20of%20Drains.jpg

Back