Double electric heater water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewRookieOwner

Reaction score

Greetings,
As a new home owner, trying to learn the ins and out of things... apparently there are 2 electric water heaters (parallel?) in this house....can you please help identify the parts in the attached pic..i.e. which one is the main shut off/on valve.....or the purpose of small tank....does red mean hot and blue means cold.....or when it comes to flushing these units, you do one at a time or both same time....how...
I know...asking alot.
Thanks.

Attachments

• waterheater.png
    waterheater.png
    688.2 KB · Views: 0
It’s not piped properly. You’re not getting the full benefit of two tanks.

The small tank on the left is a thermal expansion tank. Water expands when heated, this extra volume of water expands into this tank.

F4511E8D-4068-49FB-AF7E-9263EAC66A72.jpeg

The two blue handles in the center of your pic turns off the cold water to each heater.

It’s not piped properly. You’re not getting the full benefit of two tanks.

The small tank on the left is a thermal expansion tank. Water expands when heated, this extra volume of water expands into this tank.

View attachment 40780

The two blue handles in the center of your pic turns off the cold water to each heater.
What are the red ones for? Is the one on far right the main shut off to the house? I guess the red and blues are confusing me.
Thanks

What are the red ones for? Is the one on far right the main shut off to the house? I guess the red and blues are confusing me.
Thanks
I don’t know what the red ones are for. They appear to be cold water. Maybe outdoor hose faucets.

Don’t breathe on that cpvc……

In red, this may be your valve that turns all your water off to the home.

The valve circled in yellow is a pressure reducing valve. Aka PRV.
859062F7-D73F-4F38-B133-4753E8625614.jpeg

Latest posts

Back