Does plumbing include drains?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calrissian34

Reaction score
I am remodeling my 57-year-old kitchen and bathroom and the contract states that the contractor will "upgrade all of the plumbing in the sink and the bathtub from below the floor, up" in the bathroom and that he will "upgrade all of the plumbing in the sink from below the floor, up" in the kitchen. The contractor replaced the drain pipe in the kitchen since it had corroded through, but did not replace the pipe in the bathroom and he wants me to pay $300 extra for the replacement of the drain pipe in the kitchen because he claims that drains are not part of plumbing and I should have specified that I wanted the drains replaced too. Is he correct that I should have specified that I want all the plumbing and the drain pipe to be replaced?

Does the contract actual states the word ALL of the plumbing from below the floor up. No details, just ALL ?

Yes, it does say all. The quoted statements in the original post are the actual statements in the contract.

If that's what is in the contract there should be no charge to you. But let me say this if he didn't first see the plumbing before he did a contract like that the man is a fool.

Back