Diverter Valves and Pressure Balancing Valves For Shower/Tub Combos

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrongEagle

Reaction score
The world is obviously passing me by. 20+ years ago when I got the bathroom remodeled I installed a simple one handled mixing valve with a push pull switch that sent the flow to either the shower or tub faucet. Unfortunately, I cannot get the tub/shower push/pull to work any more as it is frozen. Time for a new valve.

But, I discover that nobody sells the mixing valve any more... I've spent the last 20 years of my life in danger of being scalded, apparently. But, when I look at something like the Moen Posi-Temp valve, I see that it has outlets for shower and tub but I see nothing that sends the water to the tub or the shower, ie, a diverter valve.

Do I need to install something separate to get this functionality again?

TIA

Attachments

• tub valve.jpg
    tub valve.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
They still make valves with diverters in them. Sometimes it's like what you have, sometimes theres a handle within a handle to do it. There's options if you search around.

The diverter for that faucet is on the tub spout.

Ahhhh... thank you for that. I had forgot about those types of devices, and apparently had a bit of a brain fart as well... forgetting that even the diverter valve I showed uses gravity to keep water from coming out the showerhead when the tub is running.

They still make valves with diverters in them. Sometimes it's like what you have, sometimes theres a handle within a handle to do it. There's options if you search around.
Thanks. I've been planning on installing Moen products... so far, cannot find anything like that unless I move into their extremely expensive thermostatic and digital products.

Latest posts

Back