Diverter recommendations

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blooleader

Reaction score
Hi, joined the forum today. I am renovating and building a 4’ x 6’ foot shower. The goal is to have a wall mounted shower head, a separate shower wand and a rain shower head. I want to have one or two on at any time. Looking at a Delta/Brizo thermostatic valve, and have it feed three diverted valves. I would like to bring 3/4 inch up to the valve, so I have adequate flow out of the valve. Any recommendation on the valves or words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. Seems you are giving this great thought, which most folks do not. If you are looking for a specific brand, just remember the name brands may be a bit more expensive, but will be around at a later time if the need arises.

I would suggest considering Moen brand. They are guaranteed for life, and their customer service is excellent. In 9ne of my rental properties, I had a 7 year old vanity faucet, which developed some discoloration in the chrome. I called them, they asked for a picture, and 3 days later a new faucet was at my door. I have rental properties, and a total of almost 60 faucets and diverters. I refuse to use any other brand.

If you haven't already done so, you should check to see what the flow rating, at a particular pressure, is for the specific model you're looking at getting. Particularly if you are planning on running more than one shower head at a time. Also, keep in mind that he 2.5 gpm rated shower heads is at an 80 psi pressure.
For example, if you have 40 psi pressure by the time you get to your shower head(s) you won't be getting 2.5 gpm from the shower head.

I don't want you to be surprised, depending on what kind of pressures you have available. 3/4" line to shower valve or not. But that will greatly minimize you pressure losses to that point.

Welcome to the forum. Seems you are giving this great thought, which most folks do not. If you are looking for a specific brand, just remember the name brands may be a bit more expensive, but will be around at a later time if the need arises.
This makes me think about back in the late 50's, early 60's when I considered, based on my older brothers information, that Delta was one of the cheaper faucets back then. They've come a long way.:)

Sorry if I gave you that impression. I too consider Delta as a quality product that will have parts around for decades. I was referring to the many Chinese knock-offs that have flooded the markets in recent years.

Sorry if I gave you that impression. I too consider Delta as a quality product that will have parts around for decades. I was referring to the many Chinese knock-offs that have flooded the markets in recent years.
No no! you didn't give me that impression. It just made me think of what I once thought of Delta to what they are now.

Latest posts

Back