Distribution Box-Septic

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatJack

Reaction score
Hello,
I had a septic guy come out a while ago because one of my lateral lines in my field was wet. He determined that one of the lines was taking more water than the other. He said the distribution box was in really good shape so instead of breaking it up to put in a shut off valve, he made a little blockade out of some sort of cement mix he rolled into shape in his hand and applied. It dried very quickly and did a wonderful job. He told me that after a month, I should knock it out. He actually called it knock out concrete. I would like to do this again but I can't get ahold of him to find out exactly what he used and I'm afraid to experiment, I really don't need anymore problems. I'm wondering if anyone knows what this stuff he used might be called. I'm simply trying to make one of my lateral lines about a half inch higher than my other line, with the ability to knock out the blockade in due time.
It seems the line directly across from the septic tank pipe wants to take all the water quickly and the distribution box hardly gets a chance to fill enough for the side line to get much of the water.

You can also use what is called a dial-a flow. These are typically used to level out the distribution of water evenly to all of your lines.

img0034.png

Back