Delta RP37900

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twowaxhack

Currently in the Lab conducting research
Professional
Reaction score
If anyone knows where I can get one of these it would be much appreciated.

Delta RP37900 XO shower faucet diverter cartridge.

It’s discontinued and Delta doesn’t have any.

Well it appears an online parts company sent me a RP42410 thinking it’s a Rp37900. They look the same......Delta claims they’re not.

I have a rP42410 and it’s identical to what this online company claims is a 37900.

The 42410 came out of Delta factory package, online part did not.

WTF

Last edited:
Did you talk to Lashawnda (or whatever her name was) from delta? Her and I went round and round once.

Did you talk to Lashawnda (or whatever her name was) from delta? Her and I went round and round once.

Delta was nice, they simply do not manufacture it any longer and they have no more in stock. It’s obsolete to them.

Might be time for a remodel......

Full refund from the parts supplier. They agreed it’s probably a mis-marked part and told me to keep it.

I’m going to try it in the valve anyway, if it works I’ll send them the money back they refunded.

I didn’t want to install it and then they say it’s been “ used “ if it doesn’t work.

I hope that works for you twowax. There's two many delta cartridges. Can anyone tell me what cartridge this peerless takes
without tearing it apart. Thanks guysplNvbotQ.jpeg for the help

I hope that works for you twowax. There's two many delta cartridges. Can anyone tell me what cartridge this peerless takes
without tearing it apart. Thanks guysView attachment 30419 for the help
The only way to know that for sure is to know the year the rough valve was made.

It could be one of two for that trim.

There’s the older shorter blue body one. Then there’s the 13/14 series cartridge that fits the r10000 rough valve.

Thanks, that helps a lot. She did say that it is pretty old. Guessing maybe the blue cartridge.
Even if the old cartridge isn’t blue it still might take the blue cartridge.

Take both and compare to the old one.

It’s the length of the pressure balance unit on the lower half of the cartridge. The cartridge comes apart in two pieces and that’s where the seats/springs sit.

You probably know this already but some readers probably don’t.

I have a lot of old Delta Stock. Different finishes. Odd parts that’s I’ve collected over the years. Most are brand new.

If you ever need anything let me know and I’ll see if I have it.

Be prepared to cut the cartridge retaining nut off. You might want to take one with you. They’re one size through all generations.

Full refund from the parts supplier. They agreed it’s probably a mis-marked part and told me to keep it.

I’m going to try it in the valve anyway, if it works I’ll send them the money back they refunded.

I didn’t want to install it and then they say it’s been “ used “ if it doesn’t work.
Did that RP42410 work in place of the RP37900?
Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back