Crawl space leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkhorse137

Reaction score
Trying to fix a leak in the crawl space of my house the main is metal and at this end it is going to I would guess pvc? or something of that nature. From there it goes to a reducer and it is at that point I think the leak is coming from judging by the spray when it was leaking. The water company said it was leaking about 50 gallons a day. Now they will not turn the water on untill it is fixed.
100_1097.jpg

100_1096.jpg

where is the water meter located?
I am confused as to why the water department is involved. IF the leak is before the water meter, it is the cities rsponsibility
to maintain there piping. if it is on the customers side of the meter, it is your responsibilty.

the fix looks pretty much straight forward

cut the line above that elbow, and unscrew the pipe from that conversion fitting
replace what you cut out with new.
and add a coupling where you cut the line

100_1097.jpg

this is in a crawl space towards the back of the house but its the main area the water comes in and the meter is all the way in the front of the house, not sure why. But yeah anyway thanks for the advice, I would imagine I could just cut where you said and bring it to the ace hardware and find the parts to rebuild it .. I have already fixed a elbow that cracked .. this one was a bit harder since all that is located under a floorboard under the water heater had to hold my camera under it to get the shot

Back