Copper repipe beginning

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kgonzalez

Reaction score
hey everybody ,
I'm new to the plumbing world only have 2 yrs under my belt and still kind of confused on how a repipe begins what should I do first ?do I begin from the City meter up to the man of the house or do I go inside the house and run pipe and eventually connect to Main? Only been in one repiped so far but it was commercial building very freaking confusing we started from the water heater storage tank teed off on the existing line and rerouted from roof. But I want to know how big size houses are done thanks anybody

If you are a second year, and are not working on your own home you own and live in, ask your licensed Master Plumber boss.

if it is a 2 bath house,,,run 1'' pvc from meter to within 5' of the outside of the house
transition to 3/4 copper...

Beyond the cost savings, is there a plumbing advantage of some type in not running copper all the way to the meter? There is quite a bit of construction in our neighborhood and I see it done both ways.

If the house has irrigation sprinklers would you split that off from the PVC before the copper? Doing that more than 5' from the house would be little odd because the sprinkler valves are almost always located a foot or so from an outside wall. On my house the irrigation pipes are galvanized, like all the other pipes, and these appear to split off the main line in both directions about a foot from the wall. (Hard to say for sure because a previous owner put a 2 ft square concrete pad over that area.) One pipe goes laterally 8 ft or so to the front valves, and the other goes through a hole in the foundation all the way to the back of the house and out through another hole in the foundation to the rear valves.

Latest posts

Back