Copper clamp rust

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avtuvy

Reaction score
Hello,
I used the clamps listed below to attach 1/5 copper pipe to wood studs, the clamps are attached to the wood with sheet rock screws.
I noticed that some of the clamps are covered with rust, I assume that it is going to be a problem in the future and it might be because I used steel screws. What is the correct way to do that?

Cambridge Resources 25-Pack 1/2-in - 1/2-in Dia Copper Plated Steel 2-Hole Pipe Straps

Last edited:
Hello,
I used the clamps listed below to attach 1/5 copper pipe to wood studs, the clamps are attached to the wood with sheet rock screws.
I noticed that some of the clamps are covered with rust, I assume that it is going to be a problem in the future and it might be because I used steel screws. What is the correct way to do that?

Cambridge Resources 25-Pack 1/2-in - 1/2-in Dia Copper Plated Steel 2-Hole Pipe Straps

the name tells the story, copper PLATED STEEL

what you have is called electrolysis or dissimilar metals,

rust, remove and replace with 100% copper 2 hole straps

and brass screws

Thanks
That's what I thought, I saw online that Nibco U624 is listed as copper but it does not say if it is solid or plated, please help with that
Are there special brass screws to use, or any brass screw from home depot can be used?

Back