Control Panel - Sourcing 120V alarm light and buzzer

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMayo

Reaction score
The mobile home I bought in 2015 came with an aerobic septic system and the system's control panel needs attention. It actually needs to be replaced but I can't hardly bring myself to spend $600+ for a new box when my old box still works (mostly) so I'm looking to just get the alarm working again with a new alarm lamp and buzzer. I've verified that the float works and that the alarm is 120V, but I've been unable to find a similar lamp (see photo) anywhere online. I don't necessarily have to match the existing lamp but I probably need a lamp that will mount where the current lamp is mounted just to plug up the holes in the breaker box. I have tried to look into whether there's a bulb inside the lamp housing that just needs replacing (which is likely the case), but I can't see that the red plastic lens unscrews from the housing or that the housing comes apart. I figured I'd break it trying to get it apart so either way, I need to get a line on a replacement lamp, preferably with a built-in buzzer since the buzzer is completely rusted out, too.

Any suggestions besides "just get a new one?"

Attachments

• Box-External.jpg
    Box-External.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Box-Door-Open.jpg
    Box-Door-Open.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Panel-Inside-Labeled.jpg
    Panel-Inside-Labeled.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 7
I might would just drill new holes to fit my new buzzer and light.

Twowaxhack, Thanks for the links and the suggestion; I don't know why I didn't think to look at a septic supply for the lamp. I'll probably go with that lamp but I may look for a cheaper buzzer.

I wouldn’t even install a buzzer.

Most of my customers have me disconnect the buzzer after a couple 3am alarms with the neighbor pissed off.......

I wouldn’t even install a buzzer.

Most of my customers have me disconnect the buzzer after a couple 3am alarms with the neighbor pissed off.......

I'll take that under advisement. My system is in a side yard and I'd probably notice the buzzer long before I noticed the lamp so I may go ahead and add some kind of audible alarm but I'll definitely throw a toggle switch into that circuit so I can shut it off.

Latest posts

Back