considered a career in plumbing but I am 50 now

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechatronics

Reaction score
I know this job can be physical.. I have twice had a taste of what it was like to be a plumber. In 1996 was hired as an apprentice. The guy never apprenticed me and had to learn it on my own. Did a few heater tanks and was doing some drain cleaning. The owner never came into the shop and had a salesman on site. I did some automotive work for him but quit after he had no paid me for week three of four weeks "he had some real issus".

The second time around, not having a plumbing license in BC I excepted some small upgrade contracts with a tankless hot water heater and performed some light upgrade work on tankless heaters. I LOVED those units. They were some complex pieces of equipment. All 12 hot water heaters had the thermister kits upgraded so no need to do plumbing.

I thought that this would be a good trade to get into. I know the work can be hard but...this trade can be done in any city. I install low voltage networks in Vancouver...but that work is delegated to big expensive cities. I currently live in Tacoma.

Back