Condition of 8 yr old tankless condensate neutralizer filter

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2021forte

Reaction score
I live in an apartment complex that was built in 2015 and I'm the first tenant to live in the unit. My unit has a tankless water heater and the condensate neutralizer filter is original and has never been replaced, so it's approximately 8 years old. When I pointed out the green label on the filter that says to replace yearly, the property manager said these filters are good for a minimum of 10 years and to ignore the information on the label and any condition issues with the clear tube, which seems like at this stage that the acid might start leaking out at any moment. I'm just curious if the condition of the clear tube is normal, as I'm not familiar with the condensate produced through normal operation of a tankless water heater in conjunction with a regularly replaced neutralizer filter. If recall, the first few years the tube was running clear, until the last few years the tube turned white and now a brownish/red color.

I have no say in whether they replace the filter but I could always put in another request if there is reason to be alarmed.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20231101_174802.jpg
    20231101_174802.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Yeah it’s probably doing nothing to neutralize the condensate but nothing for you to worry about, it’s not going to hurt you.

Back