Combining shutoff valves with sink valves

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemastre

Reaction score
My current physical condition makes it difficult for me to get down on the floor to access the shutoff valves to my sinks. Is there a valve or fixture that combines the shutoff valve with the sink valve in a sort of piggyback manner so that no getting under the sink is required?

Thanks for replying to my note. My house has no basement. It's one story, constructed on a now-crumbling cement slab. There's a valve on the water heater that would do nicely, but it's somewhat above the tank, which is somewhat elevated, and at the back ot the small closet enclosing the heater, and since I no longer stand on ladders or other furniture, it's out of reach. I'm experiencing leg weakness and loss of balance, so everything needs to be between ankle-high and six or seven feet above the floor. My suggestion for those building or otherwise acquiring houses where they expect to spend their declining years is to avoid features requiring you to reach the ceiling or the floor. This is especially true for individual folks living alone.

My suggestion would be to have someone bring the water lines up to where you need them add an access panel for the valves and bring them back down to were they would normally come out by the drain

I understand what you mean when you say you are experiencing loss of balance and leg weakness because I am in the same boat as you are. That being said, I haven't touched those shutoff valves of mine for many, many years since I replaced the multiturn valves with quarter turn ball valves.

If I were in Dallas I'd offer to help. How about asking a neighbor, friend or family member for help when you need it?

God bless!

Back