City Septic Drawing Clarification

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiBuddy00

Reaction score
Hello! We are looking to lay pavers for a small gathering area close to our house but want to be sure we are clear of all underground septic lines. All of the risers and inspection ports are visible above ground. The house was built in 1955 and the septic was last serviced 3 years ago when we bought the home. According to the city documents there was an issue with the original drain field 10 years ago or so which was replaced by the city drawing drain field attached. There were some limitations in size, but it was approved as it was determined to be adequate for the home.

My concern is the line circled in the city drawing from the tank to the distribution box. Can anyone provide input on where this line might run, from the green riser (#2 red line) near the house or the white cap (#1 red line) in the photo below? The area to pave isn't to scale, just shown to give an idea of the goal. Did some light digging and quickly burned out hah.

Appreciate any input! Thank you!

Attachments

• Both Risers.jpg
    Both Risers.jpg
    11.8 MB · Views: 6
  • Dist Box.jpg
    Dist Box.jpg
    11.1 MB · Views: 6
  • Drain Field Inspection.jpg
    Drain Field Inspection.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 6
  • Drain Field.jpg
    Drain Field.jpg
    9.3 MB · Views: 5
  • Vent.jpg
    Vent.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 5
  • Drain Field Pave.png
    Drain Field Pave.png
    49 KB · Views: 8
The only thing I can tell you is to follow the drawing and or dig down and find the line.

It appears you’re not over the line with the proposed paver project to me.

Other than that there’s no way for me to know what’s under the ground.

The only thing I can tell you is to follow the drawing and or dig down and find the line.

It appears you’re not over the line with the proposed paver project to me.

Other than that there’s no way for me to know what’s under the ground.
Thank you for the quick reply! I'll pick up a probe and see if I can locate it.

Latest posts

Back