Changing a faucet on a vessel sink with built-in deck

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 33343

Reaction score
I'm considering getting the vessel sink in the photo. Installing it and the faucet simultaneously are straightforward based on this video, but I'm wondering about having to replace the faucet down the road, considering it will be tucked inside what appears to be an inaccessible chamber. Seems like a nightmare. Has anyone done this, and do you have any words of wisdom or reassurance? TIA

Attachments

• sink with deck.jpg
    sink with deck.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks. Back to the drawing board, I guess.
Vessel sinks had their day. Passing fancy. It's a pain to lift your hands up and over a sink to wash.
Thanks for that, but it would be at the same level as the vanity sink we're replacing.

You know, there is not a 'one size fits all" when it comes to bathroom remodel. I've seen some new home shows where the vessel sink is still very popular. I also like their look. If you have to pop a bead of silicone once every 10-15 years, then so what? All I would recommend is you don't cheap out on the faucet you install in the vessel sink. You just don't want premature repairs or replacements in a faucet suck as a Glacier Bay or other piece of junk

You know, there is not a 'one size fits all" when it comes to bathroom remodel. I've seen some new home shows where the vessel sink is still very popular. I also like their look. If you have to pop a bead of silicone once every 10-15 years, then so what? All I would recommend is you don't cheap out on the faucet you install in the vessel sink. You just don't want premature repairs or replacements in a faucet suck as a Glacier Bay or other piece of junk
Thanks. I appreciate the advice.

Back