Cannot remove the faucet Supply Lines & shut off valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arri822

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm in the middle of installing a new bathroom faucet and when trying to remove the supply lines from the shut off valve i notice there isn't a screw/nut to remove. It appears they are attached as One Piece..?? makes no sense, they are Not soldered (shut off valve is not copper) I'm not sure the age of the shut off valve, however i'm guessing it must be much older if both lines and the valve are just one piece.

Could someone please give me advice on what to do next? Should i remove the shut off valve completely as they are attached as one?

Thanks so Much!!!
-Arrianne

Those one piece supply line/shut off valves were popular years ago, but as you can now see, they are pretty much junk. Is your old valve threaded on or soldered?

Yes, it's so annoying.....and they are threaded
-thank you

I like these from Home Depot. They are 1/4 turn off and work great. Simply shut off your water, unthread the old valve, use teflon tape or Rectorseal #5 on the new valve, and thread it on. Then make sure you get a new supply line (braided flex is the best) which will fit correctly.

BrassCraft 1/2 in. FIP Inlet x 7/16 in. & 1/2 in. Slip-Joint Outlet Chrome Plated Brass 1/4-Turn Angle Valve

qte turn.jpg

b8cd042a-4304-482a-b037-60a054c27f07_300.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for answering my question, and yes, i'm now going to replace the old valve and lines w/the 1/4 valve and new supply lines....i wasn't sure if I absolutely had too but had a feeling :-/
Thanks for your Help, i appreciate it!!!

Not a problem. You might want to consider replacing all that old crap at one time while the water is off, if you can afford it. You will thank me down the road!

Latest posts

Back