Can you sleeve a PVC downspout?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpns

Reaction score
I've got a neighbor with a PVC downspout in a concrete house, that we discovered had been capped off. When we opened it up, we discovered the reason for the cap was that there's a leak somewhere in the walls, so the water drips out above a doorway. So we capped it off again. 🙈

Is there any way to sleeve the inside of the (1.5", 2"?) between the roof and his rainwater cistern? Or are we just 'cast in stone' and have to leave it capped off (and the gutter full of stagnant water)?

Thanks!

Can you replace the entire PVC downspout? Maybe change it to something that doesn't get brittle when exposed to the elements?

Can you replace the entire PVC downspout? Maybe change it to something that doesn't get brittle when exposed to the elements?
No, it's buried in a concrete wall. Construction practices here are <ahem> unique

'Necessity is the mother of invention'.

Do what you have to do. If it is a straight shot, I'd prefer to sleeve with a smaller pipe and have some drain, than none at all. I know those sleeve companies could make fast work to line that pipe, but from what I understand, it is pretty pricey.

'Necessity is the mother of invention'.

Do what you have to do. If it is a straight shot, I'd prefer to sleeve with a smaller pipe and have some drain, than none at all. I know those sleeve companies could make fast work to line that pipe, but from what I understand, it is pretty pricey.
So there’s no DIY option? Doubt there’s even a sleeve company around.

If you are not dealing with structural issues, anything can be DIY. Is this a downspout to remove water from a roof? I'm betting if you take some pics and post them, it would be easier to provide an answer.

Back