Can you identify this fitting?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been tasked with replacing the old 1-1/2" galvanized water feed for a 20 unit apartment complex. The building is the first apartment living space built in my city, from 1926! And much of the original plumbing is still there, including this water service in the laundry room.

I am making a parts list, looks like we've got a few shut off valves, a pressure reducing valve (which, I am amazed to see, still appears to be working), some unions, 90's, a pressure gauge... but one fitting has me stumped. Initially I thought it was a check valve, and perhaps it is, but pressure reducing valves have a built-in check valve and I figured another check valve would be redundant. Perhaps the plumber was a redundant sort of guy.

The fitting also has a short nipple coming off the bottom of it, which goes into a gate valve, with a hose bib on the end.

Anyways, here's some pics. Do any of you seasoned vets have any clue what sort of fitting this is?

Bmlwi5t.jpg

WWp8DwO.jpg

dIncuPY.jpg

Back