Can anyone recommend a tank-to-bowl gasket for an old Kilgore toilet?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socal_rob

Reaction score
Our upstairs guestroom toilet sprang a small leak at one of the tank-to-bowl bolts. I bought a new set of bolts/washers and replaced them, but then the toilet started leaking a bit where the tank meets the bowl. I assumed I disturbed a very old gasket and now the thing needs to be replaced. The problem is, I can't seem to find one that fits. I've purchased "universal" 2" gaskets by Korky, Ace, and third from a company I can't remember at the moment. All were very similar, but none fit well. They're all too thick (or tall?). What happens is that the toilet bowl rests a good 1/4" off of the tank. No amount of tightening the underside wingnuts (outside of over-tightening to the point of cracking the porcelain) will bring it level, so it wobbles a lot.

I've picked up one more gasket from Home Depot today that looks to be closer to the right thickness, but I haven't tried it yet. If anyone has any suggestions for a good replacement gasket, I would really appreciate it.

I've attached a few pics of the gasket and the outlet(?) that it needs to connect to. I don't know the specific model of the toilet, but I can try to find it when I get home if that would help.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance! :)

20170301_124417.jpg

20170301_124421.jpg

20170228_182041.jpg

I have the exact same problem with a Kilgore 201 WS. Were you able to find a solution?

Back