Can anyone help me identify the brand and model of this shower valve/trim?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GatorNeil

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what brand and model this valve and trim are. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2716 2.jpg
    IMG_2716 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2717.jpg
    IMG_2717.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2718.jpg
    IMG_2718.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
That kinda looks like an old American Standard faucet. Maybe you can take the cover plate off and look at the valve
and then go online and see if any of them match it.

-serin-bath-shower-trim-kit.png The pull knob is opposite of yours but this is close. Send your picture to American Standard and see if they have the
cartridge for it and make sure its Am Std.

Thank you! What's throwing me off though is the Am Std. one has the brand logo etched in the plate, mine has no identifying markings of a brand at all. I'm just trying to avoid breaking the caulk sealant if possible, hoping someone might just see the pic and say, oh, I know that one!

So your not having any problems with it, your just trying to figure out what it is. Okay I see.

Well, yes and no. The diverter pin was stuck, frozen from lack of use. I have been able to get it loose and it functions, but I'm thinking I may need to replace the diverter pin within the valve, so trying to figure out what it is, to see if and where it might be available.

Most major brands have pretty decent customer service; call them and see if you could send them the pictures for ID.

No shower faucets shown in Premier's images, and they say "Premier has been known for quality kitchen, lavatory, and bar faucets" -- no mention of shower. In any event, if this is an older trim, it might not be shown on a website today.

Back