Can a macerating toilet drain into this pipe?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eminn3m

Reaction score
I purchased a sanicompact that grinds the waist before flushing. Can it drain into this pipe that the washer drains into?
UCj1QvT.jpg

The instructions say:
>This unit must discharge into a
minimum 3-inch sanitary drainage pipe. All discharge pipe work must be
connected to the soil stack by an
appropriate and approved TY
connection. Please note: the use of a
Saddle Clip may be prohibited in your
area.

no. That is a standpipe for draining a washing machine. And it is also not 3"

Do you know what could happen if it's used anyway? Would I have to repipe the house to make it work?

do not attempt to drain the toilet into that pipe.

you don't need to repipe the house to make sure the toilet drains into a 3" pipe. are you replacing an existing toilet with this new one? or are you planning to put this toilet in a place where no toilet is currently?

you will need to run a new 3" pipe from the soil stack to the new toilet location and install a toilet flange. you will also need to vent the drain line properly.

if you can provide photos and/or drawings someone more knowledgeable may be able to advise you further. otherwise i would hire a plumber

The tee for the washing machine looks like it down sizes after the laundry stand pipe, which is already a clogging and flow hazard. If you were to repipe after the 2" trap and put in a 2" drain continuing to the final drain connection, you should be okay connecting further down from the tee. You do plan on connecting to a drainage pipe somewhere, right? Don't let it discharge into a floor drain.
The manufacturer's instructions on the link you provided should also give you some added insight.
I personally would look for another alternative to a macerating toilet, but you've made the purchase and will be determined to install it.

Last edited:
Back