Calcium in water lines

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMOKEEATERFF

Reaction score
I have searched for a solution on this forum and have searched the web with no luck. I am by no means a plumber so that is why I am here. My mom has been having plumbing issues with her 30 year old house. First the well pump went out. Luckily she already had county water and we simply turned that back on. Next she had a busted 1" pvc coupling in the yard. I dug that up and fixed it. No sooner had I filled in the hole the dog snapped a hose bibb off at the ground. Got that fixed and though everything was fine. Well now she has calcium buildup stopping up the copper pipes in her bathroom. All of the other faucets seem to be fine with no water flow restriction. In the shower the cold water pressure is limited, hot is fine. I removed the shower handles and out came the calcium. The sink lost pressure due to calcium. Cleaned it out but it stopped back up. The toilet takes forever to fill because of calcium in the water shutoff and the fill valve. What can I do? She has had a couple of plumbers come out. Roto-Rooter wants to replace the copper with pvc. Not sure about the costs of that. She has an electric water heater. I know people say to use vinegar but how do I get it into the water system? Need help please!!!:confused:

Have you verified that the particals are calcium ? - Place the particals in white vinegar, If it dissolve it is calcium. Have you thought about an water softner?

Latest posts

Back