boiler certificate/visit report

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jogey

Reaction score
Hi All,

Newby here.
I have sold a flat (built in 2004) subject to contract.
It came with an electric boiler
The buyer was asking me for a certificate saying it has been recently serviced and is safe
so I got this done by a boiler maintenance firm and explained I need to show this to the buyer and need a certificate. I am concerned that it says "Fault: Non-Contract Service" under the call out details
and "Failure mode: Service" under the diagnosis. To me it looks like they are saying there was
a callout for a fault (which there wasn't) and there was a failure during the service which as far as I know there wasn't. I rang them and they said that this is the standard wording they give clients for certification on sale of a property and have not responded to my requests to give a differently worded certificate. Are they correct that this is a standard certificate that shows that a service has been done and there is no fault or is this certificate pointing to a failure of some kind? Thanks. Certificate wording below:

"Please find below for the report for the work carried out on the Megaflo eco 210DD on 4/6/21

The appropriate safety checks have been carried out on your appliance in accordance with current regulations.

Call out details:
Job ref xxx :
Engineer xxx :
Serial Number xxx :
Fault: Non-Contract Service:

Diagnosis:
Symptom: Service required:
Component: Service:
Action: Service:
Failure Mode: Service"

I think you may be misinterpreting. I can't say for sure what this ticket means other than it says it's been serviced. Which is what the buyer asked for. If the buyer has questions you should direct them to call and ask.

A novice or the uninitiated could certainly look at that report and have further questions. I'd get with the boiler maintenance firm and have them "put it in layman's" terms if they are willing to do so.

Latest posts

Back