Bidet toilet install help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
Ordered one of these bidet toilets below. I have the standard 12 inch flange and I guess pretty standard toilet supply line coming from the wall. Am I going to have problems installing this? Thinking mostly toilet supply valve being in the way. If I will have problems, is there an easy solution?

Smart Toilet with Bidet Built in, Auto Open/Close Lid, Auto Flush & Wash, Heated Seat, Foot Sensor, Digital Display, Remote Control, LED Nightlight Amazon.com

The only bidet I ever worked on had the water lines come up from the floor below
I think you should get the rough in sheet and look a it first I have never installed something like what you show

I would be extremely leery about this toilet, since you need an integrated air vent, a complete power supply, and because it is made in China, their specs are way different than US specifications. More importantly, look at the ratings. THERE ARE NONE!

We have recently been duped by buying crap on Amazon that originates from China. We've called our credit card company and they said items which originate in China can not be trusted, they can not even call to inquire a charge on a Chinese product, and biggest red flag (no pun intended) is the fact that when you need to contact Customer Support", do you think someone will answer you or will you be able to get replacement parts?

I would be extremely leery about this toilet, since you need an integrated air vent, a complete power supply, and because it is made in China, their specs are way different than US specifications. More importantly, look at the ratings. THERE ARE NONE!

We have recently been duped by buying crap on Amazon that originates from China. We've called our credit card company and they said items which originate in China can not be trusted, they can not even call to inquire a charge on a Chinese product, and biggest red flag (no pun intended) is the fact that when you need to contact Customer Support", do you think someone will answer you or will you be able to get replacement parts?
This is a t162a bidet. There are actually ratings under other brands selling same toilet. One has about 48 ratings

Typically these import items break (people post on plumbing sites like this) and parts are unavailable. RETURN !!!

The first one came broken. The price I ended up paying is around 250 so not a huge deal if it breaks. More of a practice bidet and if the wife likes it we will get a more expensive one. But main issue still remains if it will clear the toilet supply or what to do if it doesn’t

If it doesn't clear the toilet supply stub then you can either replumb. Or, if you have enough room, Dahl makes a compression 90 degree fitting that allows you to turn their angle stop sideways.
What is the floor mounting method on those ?

Floor method meaning how does it bolt down? It’s either pure caulk or bolts accessed by taking the seat off to the flange like a normal toilet. The newer versions are bolts. I thought about doing the 90. That is kind of my last resort as I really don’t want to take apart the wall. I hope the 90 will work if I need that option. I also thought of an offset flange but with the home being concrete I don’t know how easy that would be. I also might have one there already as I did with one of the two toilets I just replaced in the house.

Back