Bidet sprayer adapter

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antony

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I'm currently selling Bidet Sprayers into the US and I recently introduced a new set which includes a 3-Way Diverter Valve (Shut-Off Valve).
A customer brought up an issue with the Valve being "too big" so that it couldn't fit on his toilet.
The Valve we sell has the following thread size:
Male 1/2", Female 1/2", Female 1/2"

I found out that there are also T-Valves with the following thread size
Male 1/2", Female 7/8", Female 7/8" (if I'm not wrong..)

My question is: which thread size is the most common to find in most American toilets?
The measures I ask for are 1)water feed pipe thread(on the wall) and 2)the flexible hose connecting water tank to water feed.
I know is a big question considering the US has about 125mil houses in its soil, but I'd greatly appreciate an estimate on what are the common building standards for water feed pipe threads connecting to the toilet tank.

Thank You in advance!
Antony

Last edited:
your best bet, would be 3/8'' OD compression

we use 1/2'' copper pipe sticking ut the wall, with a 1/2 x 3/8 angle stop valve

a 3/8'' tubing to the fixture. your valve would connect there

the inlet valve on a toilet is 7/8 we use a 3/6 x 7/8 connector

mnmnm.jpg

thB6TZTPM7.jpg

Attachments

• thZ13IVJHP.jpg
    thZ13IVJHP.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 50
your best bet, would be 3/8'' OD compression

we use 1/2'' copper pipe sticking ut the wall, with a 1/2 x 3/8 angle stop valve

a 3/8'' tubing to the fixture. your valve would connect there

the inlet valve on a toilet is 7/8 we use a 3/6 x 7/8 connector

View attachment 10188

View attachment 10190
thank you Frodo.

You mentioned the inlet valve on a toilet being 7/8, however I've seen other similar products of mine having the same exact 3-way valve with the G1/2 coupling on each way. Do you mean that the tubing connecting to the toilet valve could be 7/8 on one end and 1/2 on the other?

Sorry if this sounds confusing, but my plumber-jergon (and understanding of it) is a bit limitated :eek:

I'm still trying to figure out how to attach pictures to the text...

this is the one we provide:
61yeaNL-khL._SL1203_.jpg

and this is from another similar product:
51c5vjNydiL._SL1000_.jpg

Both models are available in the market, however the first one has a 1/2"-1/2"-1/2" thread size while the one above is 1/2"-15/16"-15/16".

Why the disparity? are there 2 different standard thread sizes in the US for toilet tank and water feed pipes?

Also, does 15/16" is the same as the often mentioned 7/8"?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back