best type of shower faucet?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lamothe1

Reaction score
What is the difference between a ceramic shower faucet and a washer less faucet? Home depot sells one they call contractors and it’s ceramic which sounds more expensive to me. Because it’s going to be in the wall behind tile, grout, hardiboard, etc. I want something that will last, but I don’t want to spent a fortune.

symmons tub/shower valve very simple to work on made in Braintree mass its about 100 bucks i work for a university in boston and we have hundreds of them...

but most manufactures make washer less and ceramic. which on e should I look for?

but most manufactures make washer less and ceramic. which on e should I look for?
I have only used Moen faucets in my rentals. If anything goes wrong with them, you call Moen and they ship you a new cartridge for free. It takes about 5 minutes to replace the cartridge.

That being said, I believe I read in one of the DIY magazines that, if you have hard water, the ceramic disk faucets are better because they grind up any calcification as the faucet is opened and closed.

Back