Bathroom tap issue - broken?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edanb1981

Reaction score
Hi there,
Please see video - both taps come on but then the right tap takes a fe seconds for water to come out and then gushes out?
Air Lock? New tap needed?
Can anyone provided guidance how to fix

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2023-08-15 at 22.42.21.mp4
    6.5 MB
It is likely a valve washer/cartridge issue.
All valves come apart in reverse of how they would have been assembled.
Handle removed from stem. The remove the top nut. Crappy designed valves commonly are design-forward and not well though out regarding future service difficulty.
Single lever valve would be simplest replacement. Nobody needs separate handles.

Thanks for your reply.
Would you suggest to just remove the tap and purchase a new one? Tap has never been changed since I have moved into the house.
Thanks again for coming back to me very much appreciated

I love fixing things and get paid handsomely to do so.,..,there is no right answer to your replacement conundrum.
Since I think dual handles are old, inferior ergonomics doesn't mean that repair is not suitable...unless you are paying a professional to repair that old thing. A pro can change out a valve in about a half hour, but it is all relative.

I love fixing things and get paid handsomely to do so.,..,there is no right answer to your replacement conundrum.
Since I think dual handles are old, inferior ergonomics doesn't mean that repair is not suitable...unless you are paying a professional to repair that old thing. A pro can change out a valve in about a half hour, but it is all relative.
Thanks!
I am not a plumber but have changed many taps in the past.
Think maybe best to just change the whole tap and at least then you know it’s all new.
I thought it may have been an air lock.
Thanks again

Back