Basement underground and vent plans for 2 baths and kitchen.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnDS

Reaction score
Hello all. I know there are numerous ways to pipe and vent this, but this is what I have and paid for, so I would appreciate if we don't veer off course too much, but rather build from what is here. I am here because I want to know if there are any errors or concerns with this plan before I start digging or paying a professional to do so, because I don't want to eff this up.

- Purple = 3"
- Orange = 2"
- Green = 1.5"
- Solid colors are drains
- Dotted colors are vents

1) Will this vent plan work well as is?
2) Will this drain plan work well as is?
3) I have a concern about the two double 3" wyes. I know that a double wye fitting for back to back toilets are a no no, but in this case, is it ok since they are piped very differently?
4) In regard to the right-hand bath shower vent. The underground 2" tee for its vent is on its back looking up and the plan is to street 90 out the top and make my way over to the wall and then up again. I heard you can't go horizontal with a vent until above flood level rim, but plumber says not true in this case. Is this correct? If not, is it really the end of the world to leave it this way?

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• Revised 329.pdf
    370 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Your plan seems generally sound, but it's crucial to address potential issues beforehand:

Vent Plan: Appears reasonable, but ensure adequate venting for each fixture.

Drain Plan: Size selection should be sufficient, but ensure proper slope and avoid sharp bends.

Double 3" Wyes: Unique configuration may work, but consult a professional to confirm.

Shower Vent: Verify compliance with local codes regarding horizontal venting below flood level rim.

Consulting a professional plumber is advisable to ensure everything meets safety and regulatory standards.
Are you a person or a bot?

Are you a person or a bot?
I am a person. Sorry for the delay.

I appreciate your response.

Since my last post, there are a few things I had changed. Please see drawing below.
- I removed the double wyes. I figured using single wyes would help get my pitch better for each fixture.

- Instead of wet venting both toilets through the sinks, I added a vent for each toilet with a 3x2 combo as the horizontal 3" passes the wall. Each sink still has its own vent.

Questions:
1) Is it ok that I added a vent to each toilet branch? Is the location of these vents ok?

Attachments

• Updated 4-15-24.pdf
    426.4 KB · Views: 0
Take your plans to the plumbing inspector and let him look at it. He's the one you have to sastify.

I would continue the one line in 3" and add a floor drain in that mech room. Then keep going and come up with a 3" vent up and out or tie in together above. I would also run 3" up and then reduce to 2" for the washer drain. The code in my area used to be washer ties into its own 3" stack. I am not sure if that is still in the code.

Latest posts

Back