At a loss!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJW75

Reaction score
We moved into our house 11 years ago, had our septic tank pumped every 3 to 5 years as needed. No issues until February of 2020. Now we have to get it pumped every 6 months to a year. When they come out to pump it they jet the field lines and say they don't see an issue. For some reason our septic tank is filling up faster than normal. We have times when the water, any toilet paper and sometimes raw sewage comes out of the cleanout. We took the lid off because we were tired of it backup up into the house. (The septic tank company said no lid on the cleanout would cause any issues with the septic tank itself). When it rains it gets really bad and the area where the septic tank lids are there is standing water that smells like sewage. I noticed the last time the septic tank company came out there looked like a piece of the concrete lid was cracked off, could the lid not sealed all the way be causing the issues? It gets so bad sometimes if the cleanout gets clogged the water will come up in the house under the toilet farthest away from the septic tank and it goes under our tile onto the carpet in the master bedroom. What could be the issue? I know nothing about plumbing or septic tanks so any help would greatly appreciated. I will say we had a toilet that would run (we recently got that fixed) could a running toilet cause the septic tank to fill up?

**no standing water or soggy ground where the field lines are

Sounds like rain water is entering your system.

Sounds like water is standing over your system.

correct those two issues.

Limit your water usage.

Spread your water usage out over the day or week.

make sure you have no leaks on toilets or faucets putting water into your tank.

Latest posts

Back