Any Idea What This Pipe Is?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbing_help

Reaction score
I have this pipe coming out of the side of my house. I think it might be a clean out drain but I'm not sure. I tried to take the cover off of the pipe but it's rusted on and the pipe moves around in the wall when I try so I don't want to mess with it too much. That said, I have a kitchen clog in my drain pipe which I snaked from my clean out value but it's still clogged. If this pipe leads to the drain pipe, I though I could snake it from there to try to clear the clog.

Thanks!

IMG_4551.jpg

IMG_4550.jpg

that is a p=trap. must have been something there at one time that was removed.

your wall looks like its pretty much trashed at that spot and needs fixing. so go ahead and open the wall up

to get to where it connects. you will either find a rubber gasket joint, lead joint, or a band.

if the trap is moving like you say. i would think it is a rubber gasket.

if rubbr gasket, pull, twist, p trap to remove. buy a cast iron plug to insert in gasket,,lather gasket with soap to make it easier

why cant you use a pvc plug? the od of plastic and cast is different. plastic is slightly bigger. making it a total pita to push into the gasket

altho,,,,,you can,,file down the outside of the pvc again pita

To remove the cap, loosen the both hose clamps on the band and remove the band. it will come off. then stick a standard flat tip screw driver in between the rubber seal and cap and pry it away from the cap. it gets stuck to the cap over time.

Latest posts

Back