Another tankless water heater hater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Had a plumber come over to give me a price on relocating my tankless w/h. He said he hated them. He pushed for me to reinstall a tank w/h and never have future problems. He also said AO Smith was the brand he would be installing. I laughed and told him that he sounded like all the other professionals in here. You guys all hate tankless water heaters and push them AO Smith tanked water heaters.

You guys all go to the same school where you hate tankless and love AO Smith?

I mentioned my association with this forum and he said I should stay off the internet. Wow, what a hater!

Actually a really nice guy, who is the owner of his own company, and he will be doing the work for me next Monday.

Had a plumber come over to give me a price on relocating my tankless w/h. He said he hated them. He pushed for me to reinstall a tank w/h and never have future problems. He also said AO Smith was the brand he would be installing. I laughed and told him that he sounded like all the other professionals in here. You guys all hate tankless water heaters and push them AO Smith tanked water heaters.

You guys all go to the same school where you hate tankless and love AO Smith?

I mentioned my association with this forum and he said I should stay off the internet. Wow, what a hater!

Actually a really nice guy, who is the owner of his own company, and he will be doing the work for me next Monday.

we know what works and what breaks :D

An electrician that I work with installed an electric tankless just over a year ago and has actually seen a rise in his electric bill since. Funny how that works out. He is considering switching back, but making up the money from the initial investment and the cost of a new tank water heater puts him on the fence for making the change.

I've always understood that an electric tankless is horribly expensive to operate. I had the natural gas model, and it actually lowered my gas bill since I didn't need to heat that 50 gallon tank of water continuously.

I agree,but he is an electrician and was hard to convince because of his utility bias. My issue with gas tankless is the projected savings in relation to installation costs and the deceptive information on product longevity and maintenence costs. Consumers were given all the pros and few of the cons to make fair comparison.

Latest posts

Back