Another Champion toilet question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThomasD

Reaction score
I came here to ask about my Champions 4 toilet issues also. My tank started refilling every so often and then I started digging into this thing.

I first went to the hardware store and bought a Korky brand gasket seal. After removing the original one I noticed "blisters" around the seal. This obviously doesn't allow for a proper seal if one of the blisters happens to be in the right spot. After replacing the seal, that didn't quite fix my leak-by.

So I ordered one from American Standard. I installed it and the O-ring. I now have a toilet that sometimes works and sometimes I hear a drip followed by a refilling of the tank. I decided to turn the water off when I first heard the drip and the water level will drop to the level of the seal. Again, this toilet works properly and then sometimes it starts dripping and then refilling.

My question now is...can this BS contraption be changed out to a right sized, traditional flapper type outlet valve?

Latest posts

Back