Air in the water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
OK so I just got a call from my sister who lives in the mountains and she said that she had finally turned her outside water back on last Saturday since it is spring, well now when ever she gets a glass of water from the kitchen faucet it is (white) airated and takes about five minutes to turn clear. What could cause this? My mother lives in the house just next door and is not having this issue so I am ruling out the city supply. I am just stumped here.

City water, the main near the house tee off for the irrigation and that was the one turned off, the other going into the home has been on but when she turned the irrigation one on the sink was the one effected.

Sorry, don't know how that could have any effect at all on the house faucets. It's a separate line all together with the same feed and pressure.

they share the main from the meter to the house and then it tees off and at that tee it has two valves, one for the home anf one for the irrigation. It is not a big deal I was just curious on how and why this happens.

The only time this happened to me was after I re-piped my house with new copper pipes. It took about a week for the lines to clear up, which I assume was from the flux and other impurities found on the copper pipes themselves. Unless your sister had some work recently done on the pipes, then I don't have a clue.

However, I would drain the hot water heater (which should be done on a routine basis anyways) and refill it, to aid in flushing out the impurities.

Back