Advice on a new bathroom

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am wondering how far "downstream" a toilet and sink and shower can be from a vent? The pipe leading to the vent are 4" cast iron waste pipe then' and connecting back to a 4" pipe which eventually goes out the roof.

I hope to cut open the cast iron pipe and connect somewhere along this 10 foot run in the picture. The vent is about 18 feet away. It is a wet vent (or waste vent, no sure the terms) as it has existing shower, toilet, lav, washer and slop sink on it all ahead of the vent to the roof

I have headspace to run a 3" pipe back to the roof stack right ahead of the upstairs toilet (so I think that would make it a "dry vent"), but would rather not if I don't have to. That whole run would be about 20'. I also could run a 3" pipe into the existing wet vent using a Y, but this would almost certainly make the toilet the first stop on the cast iron and I think that's a no no and would severely limit my ability to add a shower and sink.

Would love to hear suggestions about how folks might lay this all out.

My toilet is wall mount so I have options there. The shower is something I might want to add, so want to plan for it.

There is no possible way to run a new vent stack to the roof from here, so very open to creative (safe/legal) ideas, even if the feedback is "this is impossible"

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0586.jpg
    IMG_0586.jpg
    841.2 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back