Advice needed for installing a Saniflo 093 rear discharge toilet.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurtbelyeu

Reaction score
Hi Plumbing gods,

I have an outdoor building that had a very old rear discharge toilet that I removed. I purchased a Saniflo 093 model off eBay to replace it but the problem is that the toilet outlet typically feeds a tank with a macerator pump, so it has an approximate 7 1/2 inch rough. I confirmed with Saniflo, that no macerator or tank is required with this toilet. My existing 3-inch PVC pipe that ties into the "charlotte" (hope that's the right word) fitting is probably 12 inches behind the toilet and is about a 3 1/2 to 4 inch rough. The charlotte fitting is in my pump house which is open air so I can do pretty much whatever I want with this.

My question is how do I make this work? I've attached some photos to help visualize what needs to be done.

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5218.jpg
    IMG_5218.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5368.jpg
    IMG_5368.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5367.jpg
    IMG_5367.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5363.jpg
    IMG_5363.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 0
Cut that 90 off outside and use fittings to come through the wall at about 1/4” lower than the saniflo outlet.

This is going to sound crazy but how do I connect the toilet discharge to the PVC that I install? A boot or something else?

Kurt

Yeah, I think saniflo sells it all. White Fernco boots are available but I’m not sure if the 4x4” pvc Fernco fits your outlet. You’ll have to work that out.

They sell this extension that looks more finished and your fernco goes outside. Or you could find a fernco that fits the saniflo outlet to save some coin.
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Saniflo...MI3svUyLzdgAMVQhNlCh3GFg-zEAQYBCABEgJsDfD_BwE
Here’s the fernco boot.

https://www.amazon.com/Fernco-1056-...MImcfysb3dgAMVSPKUCR390gplEAQYAiABEgJ7IPD_BwE
What’s the outside diameter of the saniflo outlet ?

Last edited:
Yeah, I think saniflo sells it all. White Fernco boots are available but I’m not sure if the 4x4” pvc Fernco fits your outlet. You’ll have to work that out.

They sell this extension that looks more finished and your fernco goes outside. Or you could find a fernco that fits the saniflo outlet to save some coin.
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Saniflo...MI3svUyLzdgAMVQhNlCh3GFg-zEAQYBCABEgJsDfD_BwE
Here’s the fernco boot.

https://www.amazon.com/Fernco-1056-...MImcfysb3dgAMVSPKUCR390gplEAQYAiABEgJ7IPD_BwE
What’s the outside diameter of the saniflo outlet ?
I just looked up the spec sheet @ build.com and it says its a 4 inch OD.

093 Saniflush.JPG

That 4” Fernco would tighten down. Seems like I remember those saniflo outlets being tapered a little, maybe not. 🤣

That 4” Fernco would tighten down. Seems like I remember those saniflo outlets being tapered a little, maybe not. 🤣

I looked up the spec sheet on the extension and it was not tapered, straight pipe. I'll have to cut it down I'm sure to attach the Fernco boot to allow enough room for a piece of 4 inch PVC pipe to mate up with the first 90.

Kurt

I looked up the spec sheet on the extension and it was not tapered, straight pipe. I'll have to cut it down I'm sure to attach the Fernco boot to allow enough room for a piece of 4 inch PVC pipe to mate up with the first 90.

Kurt

I was talking about the outlet of the bowl being tapered, not the extension piece. I’ve confirmed the saniflo bowl I installed did have a slight taper to the outlet. If yours doesn’t, that’s fine.

I was talking about the outlet of the bowl being tapered, not the extension piece. I’ve confirmed the saniflo bowl I installed did have a slight taper to the outlet. If yours doesn’t, that’s fine.

First, I wanted to thank you for all your assistance. I was reading the documentation and it mentioned when using the extension tube the toilet should be raised 3/8 of an inch over its normal placement, which I guess is for getting the correct slope. Will a 1/4 inch slope of the extension tube be enough?

Well you can’t really raise the toilet, you’ll need to drop the outlet pipe.

1/4” sounds good but if the directions say it needs 3/8” then I’d say do the 3/8”.

Well you can’t really raise the toilet, you’ll need to drop the outlet pipe.

1/4” sounds good but if the directions say it needs 3/8” then I’d say do the 3/8”.
LOL.. I never intended to imply I was going to raise the toilet.. much easier to lower the pipe.. ;) I just wanted to relay what I had found in the manual. ty very much again!

Kurt

Back