Add toilet to workshop

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcoguidi

Reaction score
  1. WS Macerator.jpg The plumbing would go Any recommendations as to which equipment I could purchase to add a toilet to the workshop? The plumbing would go from the bathroom down 20 inches, horizontally 55 ft and up 22-23 inches, then into the gravity piping. So far I have read that the discharge from a macerator must be vertical then horizontal not horizontal then vertical. I may not understand the reasoning behind that requirement.
  2. Any recommendation as to which equipment would work, if any?

Last edited:
Any recommendations as to which equipment I could purchase to add a toilet to the workshop? The plumbing would go from the bathroom down 20 inches, horizontally 55 ft and up 22-23 inches, then into the gravity piping. So far I have read that pipe work must be vertical then horizontal not horizontal then vertical. I may not understand the reasoning behind that requirement

With some macerating toilets the drain must rise to its maximum height directly after the pump and then fall continually to the gravity drain.

This keeps the pump from having to overcome all that water trapped in the piping when the pump comes on.

With some macerating toilets the drain must rise to its maximum height directly after the pump and then fall continually to the gravity drain.

This keeps the pump from having to overcome all that water trapped in the piping when the pump comes on.
Thank you! I understand now. Definitely there would be waste and water standing in the pipe. I can see that there even may be the risk of clogging if the waste dries. Is there any solution in your opinion? If it ends up costing more than 2500$ in materials I’ll just drop the idea.

A basin and 2” sewage solids pump would solve the problem if you have a 2” or larger line to terminate into.

You would use a regular toilet with my suggestion.

The basin and the pump would be located outside if at all possible for maintenance purpose.

A basin and 2” sewage solids pump would solve the problem if you have a 2” or larger line to terminate into.

You would use a regular toilet with my suggestion.

The basin and the pump would be located outside if at all possible for maintenance purpose.
Yes. I think I like this idea seems to be the least headache. I have plenty room outside. do you have a link to a drawing perchance? I think I can picture it in my head but I drive big ships for a living and certainly inexperienced when it comes to these projects. Thank you!!

Back