Add Outdoor Spigot

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

43Chuck

Reaction score
The routing I want to use will require I hang the new spigot line below (and cross at a right angle) an existing cold water supply line and a gas supply line. I've never seen crossed or double-hung water supply lines before; anybody know if that's code-prohibited?

Also, there's a drain line for my two existing outdoor spigots that empties into my basement sump well for use in Winter to prevent freezing. My planned new spigot line will have a couple of up-and-down bends between the tie-in point and the actual spigot itself. Those bends and the spigot, like the existing spigots and their lines, are above the end of the drain line. My understanding is that, even though there would be up-and-down bends, as long as they are above the drain end, water should empty because of the siphoning principle. For siphoning to work I would have to shut off the main spigot system supply valve, then open the drain valve. Is that correct?

Finally, I would like to use an existing capped tee-with-pipe as the tie-in point for the new spigot line. If the tee, however, with its short capped pipe (see attached photo) is a stub (correct term?) to prevent water hammer I would tie in just "south" of it with a new tee. Opinions, anybody?

IMG_5154.jpg

Back