40 ft sewer line needs replacing pipe bursting recommendation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose

Reaction score
I have a house in maryland thats from the 40s. It has original terracotta sewer pipe which is collapsing. I have been quoted 5 grand or 150 a foot for pipe bursting. Is this a decent price as a competitor stated 4700 with digging up the lawn.
Am I getting a decent price? Any recommendations for maryland companies?

You state that it is a 40' section of pipe for $5K..which is $125 per foot. This price is not unreasonable. Even though it is called a Trenchless Technology, you still have to gain access to both ends of the line by digging. With Pipebursting you will not have the whole yard tore up but two small areas or even 1 outside and 1 inside the basement. Does the cost of the open cut job include restoration of your lawn back to it's original state? If not, you will have to figure out what that added cost will be to have someone come in and restore your lawn. Are there any big trees in the way? Cutting the roots by open cut may damage the tree...you may not see it immediately but might in 5 years when the tree starts dying. There are several companies in the based in MD that are capable of this method. Since I don't know what part of the state you are in, you best bet is to search for Trenchless Plumbers on the internet and then do a background check on Angies list for their reviews.

Latest posts

Back