3/4" NPT to 1" PEX elbow? Is there such a thing?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan Duff

Reaction score
I'm needing a 3/4" npt to 1" pex elbow for where my main line enters the house, but have been unable to find one anywhere. Do these exist? Thanks to anyone who replies.

Legend makes a 1-inch PEX to 3/4 mnpt. You can get them on Amazon.

I have to ask why you aren’t just using available fittings to get where you want to be.

Legend makes a 1-inch PEX to 3/4 mnpt. You can get them on Amazon.

I have to ask why you aren’t just using available fittings to get where you want to be.

Maybe I should, as that would be easiest. My main supply coming in appears to be 1", then reduced to 3/4”, shutoff valve, then switches to 3/4” pex (see photo). After about 5’ there is a 3/4” tee, one line supplies the house, the other supplies an outdoor faucet.

08E58067-7531-4AC3-B6F6-370C2DCA19A5.jpeg

So to answer your question - I was hoping to get back to 1” as soon as possible in order to avoid stifling the flow if the outdoor faucet is running. My plan was for the only 1” to be in that short run from valve to the tee, then 3/4” main after that.

I guess I thought it was a reducer? But you’ll want that confirmed by somebody that actually knows plumbing. :)

I guess I thought it was a reducer? But you’ll want that confirmed by somebody that actually knows plumbing. :)
I believe it is a check valve. Never realized that they would put that type of check valve on a water service but I found that they do. Or maybe I should say did.

Yeah that’s a 3/4” dresser coupling. I fired the last guy that bought one and brought it onto my job.

Latest posts

Back