3/4" L Copper To Pex Question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlipter

Reaction score
I want to join some 3/4 type L copper to some Pex tubing. The following are the id specs:

3/4" Copper = 0.785"
3/4" Pex = 0.677"
1" Pex = 0.863"

Based on the id specs, should I use 1" Pex to maintain max potential flow rate?

What is your water pressure and are you having any flow rate problems? Keep in mind that most faucets have flow restrictors that limit your water flow. Chanches you won't notice any difference in flow with the 3/4" pex.

I have 40psi measured on my reverse osmosis membrane.

No flow problems.

This is a whole house feed so I thought it best to over rather under spec the Pex size. It's not any individual faucet I am concerned about, but the total cumulative demand.

How big is your house? Standard 2 bath 3 bedroom should be alright with the 3/4", much more than that, or a larger family, 1" wouldn't be a bad idea.

If your feeding your house off an RO system, the only thing you can use is solid pex pipe, any copper will not last, I would look at using plastic fittings as well. It's one reason you see lots of them for only under kitchen sinks rather then whole house. Every system you install along with the fittings will have different flow rates.

You may want to rethink your piping arrangement.

Not feeding the whole house with with the RO unit, it's is an under sink unit. What I want to do is install a bypass for a whole house filter. The house is a two family with just me at the moment.

Latest posts

Back