2 pipe Jet well pump question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwplumbing

Reaction score
I have a 2 pipe Jet well pump pulling from a 60 foot well and it is currently feeding into a pressure tank with a pressure switch @ 30/50 PSI .
Could I change the output from the well pump from the pressurized tank to fill an unpressurized holding tank?
I just want to be sure that the output pressure on a well pump like this does not effect the pump action out of the well with the 2 pipes.
I am assuming that there is internal isolation in the pump between the input side and the output side, if there is not I would think I would damage the pump long term?
Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Dave

If there is a pressure control valve on the discharge of the pump you can just run it wide open into the cistern. But if there is no control valve on the discharge of the pump just install a ball valve there. Then you can hold back enough pressure to make the jet in the ejector at the bottom of the two pipes work as needed.

PK1A cistern sub.jpg
PK1A jet pump.jpg

I think here is a pressure control valve on the pump I will check, I am assuming that it should look like the Cycle Stop Valve (H) in the pic that you attached? Also, I noticed in the smae pic that there is a check valve (C), its there not already one in the foot valve? If so, is not (C) redundant?

Thanks,
Dave

Sometimes the backpressure control valve on a deep well jet pump looks similar to a Cycle Stop Valve as there is an adjustment bolt sticking out of the top of it. But it can also look like a little ball valve with a short handle or needing a wrench to adjust.

The drawings I posted are how to hook up a submersible pump or a jet pump to a cistern storage tank. Your deep well jet pump would then just be filling the cistern and controlled by a float switch only.

Ok, so the check valve is not necessary as I stated above, possibly just a suggestion for redundancy?

Back