1950's Bathroom Faucet: Where Do I find replacement?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePlumb

Reaction score
Please help! Where do I find a replacement faucet for this? I don't want to replace the whole vanity. The faucet is mounted on an angle:

tn_IMG_0082.jpg

This one has me stumped...
The spline count on the stem would help, but it looks like square universal repair handles have been installed in the past. Doesn't look like a Standard, maybe a Phister or Central from that era. Sometimes taking a photo to a plumbing supply house or hardware store that has older repair parts would lead you in the right direction.
John is usually very good at these, let's see if he stops in to the thread.

I'll give it a shot. I think it's an old Eljer slant back lav. faucet. Here is a link to the pdf.
There is a phone# on the link to call for parts and replacement. But I can tell you don't try to remove the faucet with the sink in place. It's a wall hung sink so removal should be fairly simple.

http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/eljerslantback.pdf

John

Last edited:
Thanks John. If I have to take the sink out to replace the faucet, I may as well replace the whole shebang, I think. From what I've seen there are only about two slantbacks available these days and they're both pretty expensive for what you get. Never fails! Plumbing is my least favorite adventure, actually one step less favorite than a colonoscopy......Thanks for the info. though. I may try to get a replacement valve stem. The splines on the stem and handles are stripped.

Back