1 time pressurized shower leak?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunildyal

Reaction score
Have you ever experienced a significant 1 time leak in the water pipes of the shower where there was enough expelled water to dampened a complete carpet and padding in the room adjacent to the shower? (The pipes are at the back of the shower where the shower head, spout and knobs are located...the wall to the back of these pipes is the where the bedroom is located) The reason I ask is this is a new 2 year old home and the builder had a plumber come out and remove sheetrock, inspect and run a pressure test and they can't find the cause of the leak. Based on last conversation it appears they are trying to pin the fault of leak on me??? The plumber stated that if there was a leak it would be constant and not a one time incident...is this accurate? This is a guest room that is rarely used and this is the first time this has happened. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!!

on demand wtr flow.jpg

these are all areas that can leak.

but, since it was a 1 time event, i am pretty sure it was a renters leak, they are common with children and husbands

renters leak, is when care is not given as to the position of the shower curtain,
and the shower head placement.

spraying water directly at the curtain can case water to leak from around the curtain

buy a glass door kit

Reactions: SHR
Back