1 and 1/2 inch trap questions

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gendow

Reaction score
Two questions;

1) Can a double compartment sink utilize one trap (1 and 1/2 inch) for both sinks or does each sink need its own trap?

2) How long can the run of the line for the first sink to the second sink to the trap be? I don't have a tape measure with me but I would guess that it looks to be about 4 feet.

I'm currently at a Las Vegas hotel so I'm not planning to touch any of the plumbing work seen in this picture but I was just wondering about it. BTW, the slope of the run is adequate although in the picture it looks like it might have back fall.

IMG_2068%201_zpstvwwtgy3.jpg

Also, does this install look correct? The trap arm connects with two 45 elbows going upward into the santee into the wall which is actually a higher elevation than the baffle tee.

Side note: I'm losing my arse gambling so I have no choice but to spend time in my room to save money (lol).

IMG_2069_zpsu0n9dsdu.jpg

Water doesn't drain UP!

A whole 'lotta wrong in that picture. The grade looks like it can be corrected if you find someone who can actually cut/fit pipe, rather than rely on pre-fab pieces.

The single trap issue can be ignored at this stage in the game, that's the least of the worries.

A side from the jacked up trap arm, the 2 lavatory sinks are not the same as a 2 compartment sinks.

I like the Old part of Las Vegas. Better olds at winning.
I won about $250 on a slot.:D
Put the ticket in my pocket. Found it when I got Home.:(

P.S.
Went looking for a picture of Las Vegas and I found this.
Actually it was only $201

Las Vegas 033 (800x600).jpg

Las Vegas 044 (800x600).jpg

Last edited:
The gambling Gods have turned my luck around. I'm now up a few hundred. These are just some of the hits I got. Not pictured were some WOF hits for $250, $150, $175, $125, $75, etc. BTW, the pictures of the non-compliant p-trap is located at a downtown Las Vegas hotel (I won't disclose exactly where it is located). I like downtown more than the strip.

IMG_2072_zpsbto7kwsd.jpg

IMG_2074%201_zps7x9eptpx.jpg

Back