Necessary adapters for portable washing machine to regular wall hookup, please?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaqi

Reaction score
Hi all! Thank you to for hosting this forum and to all who provide answers for those of us seeking directions on how-to. :)

MY question is the following. I purchased a compact/portable (17.8 lb. capacity) washing machine off of Amazon, and would like to hook it up to my regular washing machine laundry room connection. Now, the issue is that I do not yet have the manual for it nor can I find it online, nor do I know what the back (or hookups) look like. From what I am reading though, it seems all portables are 'pretty much the same'. This one comes with ONE hose, but the wall water connectors are two (hot and cold). As such, I am about to order two hoses and then I am sure I will need some sort of Y or T adapter?

If ANYONE has any clue as to what I am talking about and can point me to what I may be looking for, THANK YOU! I can wait until it is delivered, I just want to get a leg up on it and save a couple of days. Again, many thanks!

EDIT 1&2: The second-to-last last image is of hoses I have in my cart and the last image is one I just found of the hose and a connector included WITH the washer already.

Attachments

• 20240507_092741.jpg
    20240507_092741.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240507_092801.jpg
    20240507_092801.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 0
  • download (2).png
    download (2).png
    313.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 61JeKR3WS-L._AC_SX679__094715._AC_SX679_.jpg
    61JeKR3WS-L._AC_SX679__094715._AC_SX679_.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
If you only have one water inlet on your washer, then yes you will need a 2 into 1 adapter. I have one for the hot and cold in my garage. You also need 2 short hose with female connectors and then the one hose to the washer

If you only have one water inlet on your washer, then yes you will need a 2 into 1 adapter. I have one for the hot and cold in my garage. You also need 2 short hose with female connectors and then the one hose to the washer
OMG, thank you! Sorry for the follow-up questions, but I'm still a bit lost. Which of the adapters on the attached first image do you think would be best, or do you recommend some other kind? The short hoses - check! The last hose you mention, I didn't even think of, so thank you, but I also had just found an image of the hose that's included with the washer, so since it's already meant to go into the washer, that's a plus - but it still leaves me with the question regarding which adapter I should use.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    860.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 61JeKR3WS-L._AC_SX679__094715._AC_SX679_.jpg
    61JeKR3WS-L._AC_SX679__094715._AC_SX679_.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 0
I think I’d wait until I get the machine to see exactly what I needed. What’s the hurry ?

I think I’d wait until I get the machine to see exactly what I needed. What’s the hurry ?
The hurry is the hurry. We've been without a working washer for over three months. I need this DONE. Thanks though.

Actually, while the gent after you was a bit unhelpful, it did make me think that there's more than one way to do this. Thanks to some seller's customer-friendly return policies, I may just purchase some of the ones I think I need (I just can't make out what kind of connection is at the end of the hose that comes with washer) and will return those I don't.

That said, thank you for being kind enough and open enough to see that if someone takes the time to join a forum and post a question, it's IMPORTANT enough to THEM to DO SO. Kindest regards from one traveler to another. (P.S. If that is you in your image, you're gorgeous; if it's your wife, lucky man! Mine is not meant to get attention even if it looks terrible - lol. It just picked it up from my Google account sign-in on this site). Bye all!

Latest posts

Back